3 Ever-Changing Website Trends
Image: Dry Icons/Flickr
Website trends are constantly evolving and have no intention of slowing down in the near future. Although your website doesn't need to be under construction all the time (unlike NYC), understanding that your site is an ongoing improvement project and staying current with trends will ensure you are effectively reaching visitors.
So with that being said, let’s put our hard hats on and dig into 3 ever-changing website trends that should be on your improvement list!
1. User Experience (UX) Centered Design
Focusing on user experience is key in defining a great website. It is important to note, UX design is not just about how a website looks or its functionality, but more concerned with creating an overall positive experience for the user.
- Scrolling, scrolling, scrolling- Interesting UX experiences are being designed to push the creative boundaries of parallax, horizontal, column-based and infinite scrolling. Longer scrolling sites are more user friendly, exciting, and increases engagement.
- It’s all about storytelling- Every website has a story. Make your story come alive by the use of animation and interactive elements.
- Sometimes simpler is better- We are seeing less text based sites, substituted with bigger imagery and minimalist navigation. All of these trends look great on the popular growing retina displays and help transition your site when considering mobile experience.
Mobile is quickly overtaking desktop traffic and becoming the new standard. This means there will never be a set website size anymore, so it’s time to focus on improving the user experience across multiple platforms and devices.
- Design responsively- Responsive design is the hottest trend in front-end web development. It’s about connecting with users in a much deeper way by fluidly transforming your website across devices to tell a message effectively.
- Cloud connection- Complete integrated mobile experience is increasing because of a data shift to the cloud. Tasks that were once cumbersome to complete on our smartphones are going to become second nature, creating a seamless mobile experience.
- The key is simplicity (again)- Web Designers are producing cleaner, simpler designs that look amazing on any device and screen size.
3. Digital Marketing
The Internet has drastically altered the way in which information is shared, and has had a profound impact on marketing. Exploring current digital marketing trends for your site will increase branding and audience growth.
- Originality- More businesses are finding success in driving traffic by publishing original content rather than embedding advertisements within external content.
- Plugging into social media & SEO- Social media and SEO are becoming more intertwined. Social media plugins increase user engagement and social impact. More shares can serve as a stamp of approval for visitors landing on a page.
- Recurring simplicity theme- Marketing strategies that promote simplifying the user's life, or even just their customer experience will be the most successful.
Learning about which website trends are constantly changing and understanding how you can use those to benefit your business, will help you stay one step ahead of your competitors! Happy site improving!
What other current trends are you seeing in website development? Let us know by commenting below.